lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:JimJam1099"

31 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - About the crosswords#6

If you're talking about the chess puzzles on the website, send us the link to them so we can explain them to you or bring attention to them if they are in fact wrong. If you're talking about crossword…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Best chess books#16

Judging from your rating, I'll recommend some more intermediate style books. It really depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a fun time, I might recommend you a read on something a…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Play With A friend#2

When you hit play with friend, the second from the top menuing option should be time control. You can have it as unlimited, correspondence, or real time. Unlimited essentially means no time limit. Cor…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Minority attack#4

@SaiSaiSai_1234 You're kinda missing the point here. The minority attack isn't one set position. It's an endgame idea. Sometimes, it's the right one and if you're opponent finds it, they're just bette…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Puzzle 62751#2

Alright, so looking at the puzzle given. From the top it's 1. Qb3+ Kh8 2. Nf7+ Rxf7 This is easy to answer as black only has two other moves besides Rxf7 to do! Both have the same sort of plan too. Af…

JimJam1099
Game analysis - Can anyone challenge me because i want to do a import of my game#5

#4 didn't realize his acct was closed, my b.

JimJam1099
Game analysis - Can anyone challenge me because i want to do a import of my game#3

Under the tools tab there is a button that will let you import a pgn file into lichess. If you have to get a pgn file, you can input the moves manually in the analysis board. There will be a copyable …

JimJam1099
Game analysis - Hello people!#2

I'm also of the mindset of playing some more offbeat openings to throw off opponents. I went with the Scandinavian, but it does transpose into this game after 1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Nf6 3. Nc3 Nxd5. Some ge…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - how on earth did i win this??????#3

The key move was definitely 24 ... Ke3. Look at how far you developed your king! It's on the other side of the board. The king is an attacking piece, and your opponent left it on the first rank. It wa…

JimJam1099
General Chess Discussion - Null Move on Lichess Study#17

Or you could just make a timewater move for the side you want the null move, something that doesn't interfere with the plan. If arrows or that don't work for you, you can work around with triangulatio…

JimJam1099