lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Dixie2011"

157 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Dragnus Drawlsen vs Drawiano Drawuana#5

Draw odds to one of the players. Either the defending champion or (my preferred idea) to play the tie-breaks on the first day and give the winner draw odds. In that way, the world championship would b…

Dixie2011
General Chess Discussion - game 12 championship#4

831 classic rating [x] Magnus had a 'near easy win' [x] Chess is about maximizing your chances and not aesthetics. I think Carlsen took the action that carries the highest chance of a win. For instanc…

Dixie2011
Lichess Feedback - Is something mining on lichess?#3

I don't use VMware and the front page is notoriously heavy/laggy (I.e. I may get issues such as skipping videos in other tabs when I am on the front page). As soon as it goes away from the front page,…

Dixie2011
General Chess Discussion - World Chess Championship 2018!#4

@Sholmes49 Check out lichess broadcast and: https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/carlsen-caruana-world-chess-championship-2018/1/1/1

Dixie2011
Game analysis - Is there anything like that on lichess.org???#9

well, white did develop all his pieces, and won the bishop pair!

Dixie2011
Off-Topic Discussion - sandwiches#5

This thread deserves to be revisited in a month or so time with some images :-).

Dixie2011
Off-Topic Discussion - sandwiches#3

Great thread! I am currently on a job overseas I don't like; when I get home in a months time, I plan to spend half a day putting together a giant smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich :-). It goes …

Dixie2011
General Chess Discussion - Karjakin Takes the Lead in Round 12 of the Candidates#3

Even though Karjakin is fairly down my list of people I would like to see as a challenger his results speak for themselves. Also, the venue/FIDE-stuff asides, I think this years candidates has been ex…

Dixie2011
Off-Topic Discussion - RIP Stephen Hawking#9

A brief history of time is probably the book that had the most influence on my life. RIP Dr. Hawking...

Dixie2011
General Chess Discussion - Candidates in the Kühlhaus#7

Very nice writeup. TBH, it sounds like brewing a nice cup of coffee and watching it on chess24.com is better than attending it live.

Dixie2011